M-RETS is a growing non-profit working to integrate renewable energy commodity markets across North America by providing innovative, data-driven, technology solutions. The primary product you will be working on is a web-based system used by renewable energy generators, utilities, and marketers to track Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) and Renewable Thermal Certificates (RTCs) to meet compliance and voluntary sustainability goals.
M-RETS seeks a talented and self-motivated Junior Full Stack Developer to join a high-performance team working on the most innovative environmental tracking system in North America. This is a great opportunity for a green developer to work closely with two senior developers to grow skills and gain experience. The selected candidate is expected to jump right in and understand both the M-RETS technology stack and business logic.
As a fast-growing non-profit data technology company in the energy space, expect to gain exposure to a rapidly growing and changing market. We are looking for someone that is willing to be a part of a small team, that means job labels are not always relevant. We are looking for someone that wants to work with an experienced development team and is hungry to learn.
We office at the Industrious space in RBC Plaza in downtown Minneapolis. Perks of the workspace include great coffee, free breakfast and afternoon snacks, weekly happy hours, and great views. M-RETS provides a generous benefits package, professional development opportunities, transportation stipend, and a respectful work environment.
- Tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, Ember (legacy) / React frontend, Heroku, PostgreSQL
- Provide technical QA/automated testing support to development team and product owner
- Enthusiasm and strong desire to learn a lot quickly
- Full-stack experience with an MVC framework required
- Experience with standard tools such a git, the console, SQL required
- Some experience writing automated tests preferred
- Some ruby and/or Ruby on Rails knowledge preferred
- Experience building React and/or Ember web applications a bonus
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Support and interest in M-RETS mission
- Comfortable working with a small team of colleagues
M-RETS (www.mrets.org) offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. EEO Employer. Submit application materials to rosie (at) mrets.org.
Return to the Careers page