The Midwest Renewable Energy Tracking System (M-RETS) is a web-based system used by power generators, utilities, marketers, and qualified reporting entities in participating states and provinces. M-RETS tracks Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) and facilitates REC transactions by issuing a unique, traceable digital certificate for every megawatt-hour (MWh) of renewable energy generated by registered units or imported into its system. M-RETS users retire RECs to comply with state policy or to serve the voluntary market and to ensure that RECs are not double-counted.
M-RETS News and Events
- M-RETS 2016 Stakeholder Summit Recap
- Billing Application: Adding a PDF to all Billing Notifications
- Trending Green: Understanding Corporate Renewable Procurement in the Midwest
- M-RETS will be at REM 2016
- M-RETS Stakeholder Summit – October 4 & 5 2016