The following information will guide you through the steps necessary to register an Project in your M-RETS® account. The M-RETS® Administrator is available to assist you throughout the registration process. Please call 651-789-3324, or email at [email protected]
Step 1: Review Registry Operating Documents
The Registry Operating Procedures detail the requirements and definitions of different types projects. The Operating Procedures are available here. If you have an organization registered in M-RETS, go to your account in the tracking system and you can register your project there. If you do not have an organization registered in M-RETS® yet, visit our organization registration page here.
Step 2: Register Asset
- Go to your registered organization in the M-RETS system.
- Send required documentation to [email protected].
- Schedule A – for projects registered by a Designated Responsible Party
- Documents that verify ownership and Nameplate Capacity. (Interconnection Agreement, Power Purchase Agreements, Contracts, Engineering Reports)
- MN Air Permits – For MN Eligible Multi-fuel Projects
- Multi-fuel Report (OP Appendix B-3)
- State Certification documents (OH, WI)
The M-RETS Administrator will then be notified of the New Asset Registration.
Step 3: Asset Review
The Registry Administrator will review the Asset registration. If the Asset application is complete and approved, an email notification describing account approval will be sent to the Account Holder. If materials are incomplete or additional information is required, the Administrator will notify the Account Manager.
Step 4: Certificate Issuance
Certificates can be issued as often as once a month if the metering data has been communicated to the Registry. Metering data must come from a Qualified Reporting Entity unless the Generating Unit is less than 150kW in capacity in which case it can be self reported. An invoice will be issued for each month where certificates are issued.