The Midwest Renewable Energy Tracking System (M-RETS) is a web-based system used by power generators, utilities, marketers, and qualified reporting entities in participating states and provinces. M-RETS tracks Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) and facilitates REC transactions by issuing a unique, traceable digital certificate for every megawatt-hour (MWh) of renewable energy generated by registered units or imported into its system. M-RETS users retire RECs to comply with state policy or to serve the voluntary market and to ensure that RECs are not double-counted.
M-RETS new tracking system is now live! You can access the system here.
M-RETS News and Events
- Live Training Slides, 12/07/2017
- M-RETS: Generation Upload, Reports and Account Structures: 12/07/2017 1-2 pm central time
- M-RETS Tracking System update: New System Training and Discussion
- Please join M-RETS which is a sponsor and speaking on a panel at the annual Renewable Energy Markets (REM) conference this year in NYC!
- M-RETStakeholder Summit, October 17, 2017 – Post Summit Follow UP