The Midwest Renewable Energy Tracking System (M-RETS) is a web-based system used by power generators, utilities, marketers, and qualified reporting entities in participating states and provinces. M-RETS tracks Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) and facilitates REC transactions by issuing a unique, traceable digital certificate for every megawatt-hour (MWh) of renewable energy generated by registered units or imported into its system. M-RETS users retire RECs to comply with state policy or to serve the voluntary market and to ensure that RECs are not double-counted.
M-RETS new tracking system is now live! You can access the system here.
M-RETS News and Events
- M-RETS is a supporting organization for REM 2018!
- Link to Minnesota Compliance Training
- February 20-21, 2018 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Subscriber Group Meeting Agenda and Slides: 01 30 2018
- M-RETS Successfully Launches New REC Tracking System and Plans Geographic Expansion for Vintage 2018 Generation