About the Registry
M-RETS® creates a renewable energy certificate for every MWh of renewable energy produced in the region, tracks the life cycle of each renewable certificate created, and ensures against any double-counting or double-use of each certificate. To learn more see Why Use M-RETS®.
M-RETS® is an easy to use, web-based system that creates, verifies, manages and enables trading for Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). The system provides a full suite of capabilities to create unique certificates, track serial numbers, track certificates in company accounts, enable transfers and transactions, track certificate retirement, and enable compliance reporting with a full audit trail.
The Public Reports are available on our Landing Page under Public Reports.
The best way is to reach out to the the Executive Director or contact the respective State Agencies and/or commissions in each participating State/Province and review their eligibility requirements. Information on each State/Provincial programs and their respective contacts can be found under the Useful Links page.
M-RETS® permits RECs to be exported to MIRECS, NAR and NC-RETS. A full list of tracking systems that facilitate inter-registry transfers can be accessed here. The procedure to export RECs is available in Section 15.2 of the M-RETS® Operating Procedures. If you have questions about exporting RECs from your account, please contact the M-RETS Administrator – Rosie Hoyem: systemadmin(at)mrets.org
M-RETS now accepts Imports from the following registries:
- Michigan Renewable Energy Certification System (MIRECS)
- North American Renewable Registry (NAR)
- North Carolina Renewable Energy Tracking System (NC-RETS)
- M-RETS supports a policy that allows imports/exports between all tracking systems. If you do not see a tracking system you would like to import/export to, please let us know and we will try to work with you and the other tracking system to establish a process.
- When an import is processed from one of the compatible tracking systems listed above, the Import can be reviewed and accepted from the Account Holder’s Transaction History along with all certificate transfers.
- Once an Import is Accepted, the RECs will be displayed in the users’s selective Active Account.